What is White listing?
White listing is one of many steps that we take to get your messages to your subscribers. You don’t need to whitelist your address or IP with ISPs – you’re covered by our whitelisting.
User-Level White listing
In an effort to ensure that you receive messages successfully from The CEDRIC Centre, we suggest that you try white listing us, meaning you simply have to add our address to your list of safe contacts, so we don’t end up in your junk folder.
To help guide you, here are examples of how to whitelist addresses in different email programs:
To add an address or domain to Safe Senders in Outlook:
- Select Actions | Junk E-mail | Junk E-mail Options… from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Click Add….
- Type our email address firstname.lastname@example.org or our domain name, cedriccentre.com you want to white list.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add our From address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
You can also right-click any email address you see in Thunderbird and select Add to Address Book.
Now white list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select Tools -> Junk Mail Controls..
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the White Lists module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to Do not mark messages as junk mail.
- Click OK.
Yahoo Mail (New Version)
Users of the new Yahoo Mail should create a filter.
Yahoo currently redirects you to the old Yahoo Mail interface to set up the filter, but in the future should integrate the Add Filter page directly into the new interface.
You will need to add our email address, email@example.com, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Click the Options link on the right side of the interface.
- Choose Mail from the left side of the Options page.
- Click Junk E-Mail Protection.
- Click Safe List.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org into the box and click Add.
Windows Live Hotmail
Not surprisingly, Windows Live Hotmail works similarly to the old Hotmail:
- Click the Options link at right and choose More Options from the dropdown.
- Choose Allowed and Blocked Senders.
- Click Allowed Senders.
- Type email@example.com and click Add to List.
GMail will automatically deliver mail from your Contacts list to your inbox.
To add a contact:
- Click the Contacts link at left.
- Near the top of the page click Create Contact.
- Enter the The CEDRIC Centre and firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Save.
AOL has a Custom Sender List that you can specify.
However, to use the Custom Sender List, you must choose to accept mail ONLY from your custom senders, or to reject mail ONLY from your custom senders.
So, you need to make sure that you are set to receive mail from All Senders:
- Click the Settings link at the top of the page.
- Choose Spam Controls from the options at left.
- Under Additional Spam Filters click Control From Whom I Get Email.
- A popup appears – choose the first option Allow mail from all senders.
- Click the green Save button.
If you are already using a Custom Sender list to define who can mail to you, please make sure you add our email address, email@example.com to it.