How to Stop Stress Eating; Binging; Overeating; Emotional Eating; Purging; Restricting; and Eating Disorders: Self-Checklist
Do you want to learn how to stop stress eating or how to break free from any other form of eating disorder? Call it what you will, whatever your stressful experience of food, the solution is simple and fast when you’re using the right tools that get straight to the root of the problem.
This checklist will help you to get clear on how food is impacting your life. Every yes answer on this checklist is an indicator that food is taking up more space and causing you more stress in your life than it needs to.
We can help if you:
- Eat with a feeling of being “out of control”
- Eat in secret
- Engage in constant low calorie or crash dieting
- Follow strict rules or rituals about eating
- Eat when not physically hungry
- Feel controlled by food
- Eat sensibly in public and then binge when you’re alone
- Plan secret overindulgences in advance
- Feel excited thinking about time alone with food
- Eat large amounts knowing that you will vomit or purge through exercise, restriction, or laxatives after meals
- Depend on laxatives, diuretics or enemas to control weight
- Engage in rigid or excessive exercising
- Hide weight loss by layering clothes
- Refuse to talk about food/weight because of shame, embarrassment, or fear.
- Fear being fat regardless of weight
- Use food to hide feelings of anger, loneliness or rejection
- Use food to gain a sense of control over your life
- Perceive foods as “good” or “bad” and judge yourself as good or bad, or as having had a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ day depending on what you’ve eaten
- Find yourself engaging in self-criticism (name calling, using statements to judge your behaviour like “you’ll always be fat” “you’ll never be thin” “you never stick to anything’ ‘you have no willpower’)
- Use your weight to determine personal value – if you don’t weigh X you’re ugly, fat, stupid, gross, unworthy or some such blanket, depressing, self-judgement
- Eat in reaction to stress, conflicts, daily problems, emotions, situations
- Feel high after overeating followed by feelings of guilt and/or depression
- Have significant, stressful weight fluctuations, weight gain and/or larger or smaller than natural body size
- Ignore or are unaware of body signals regarding hunger or fullness, fatigue, injury, or pain.
- Feel Moody, guilty, fat, or frumpy when you miss an exercise session
- Engage in compulsive exercising
- Avoid events, functions, people because of the way you look/ amount you weigh
- Exercise as a form of punishment and a preoccupation with burning calories (not simply for the positive feelings and health benefits it brings)
- Ignore or unaware of body signals regarding hunger, thirst, satiety (i.e.: eating large amounts, continuously, without awareness, etc – likewise, not honoring signals that you are hungry or that you are full)
What now? How can CEDRIC help you to stop stress eating, binging, or any other stressful relationship with food?:
Our expertise is in helping men and women worldwide to find their way back to eating when they are hungry, stopping when they are full, having anything they like in moderation, feeling peaceful and confident around food and in their body, and being a healthy, sexy, natural weight for their body without dieting or rigorous exercise regimes.
We’ve helped hundreds of people who were stuck feeling out of control around food, whether for 2, 5, or 50 years. The solution is simple and fast, and best of all, lasting.
Over the past 20 years, I have developed a simple and effective set of tools to teach you how to stop stress eating and shift your harmful thoughts, feelings and behaviours. This is a step by step process for implementing those changes and making sure they stick.
Men and women worldwide have experienced lasting change in their relationships with food, with their bodies and with the key people in their lives through The CEDRIC Centre’s unique program. You can too.
What Can you Do? How Can you Stop Stress Eating, Binging, Purging or Restricting?
Simply put: Let us help you. We have a simple step-by-step program that everyone can learn easily and that will help you find complete and lasting relief from your stressful relationship with food. Whether you engage in binging, emotional eating, binging and purging, dieting, anorexia or any form of eating disorder, our program will show you how to break free for good.
I am very excited to offer you these unique online products and services. I have created them specifically to provide you with the education, tools and support you need to achieve lasting success in your relationship with food, with your body and with the people in your life. These products are designed to help you stop your negative relationship with food and achieve a healthy lifestyle.
For more information or to speak with one of our qualified counsellors, please fill out our request for form.