So many of us are sitting on the sidelines in life, waiting for the moment when we’ll be “good enough.” When we’re “good enough” we’ll begin to live fully! When we’re “good enough” we’ll start loving freely and completely! We’ll risk and speak up for ourselves and for others and for what we believe in against anybody! When we’re “good enough” we won’t feel anxious or depressed. We’ll go after that job we’ve always wanted and we will definitely not have any reservations about going after that man we’ve been desiring. But not until we’re good enough. Until then…..until then, we wait. Until then, we settle and we numb the sadness and the anxiety in our tummies with food or alcohol or TV, sleep, harlequin romances or some similar mind-numbing material. (more…)
Archive for December, 2009
Online Program Preview Q&A Call
On this recorded Online Program Preview Q&A Call, Michelle talks about the new CEDRIC Centre Online Program, answers questions (which were varied and very interesting!) about the program and much, much more. Listen to the Online Program Preview Q&A Call and find out more.
Our web based program is a perfect mixture of self-help, group support, and counsellor facilitated discussion and workshops. You get weekly lessons with written, audio, and video components so you can choose the style of learning that suits you best.
You get a group forum with a gentle structure and warm, friendly support; `your own personal cheering section` is how one member put it.
And you get webinars every 2 weeks plus special events, hosted by Michelle Morand, founder and originator of The CEDRIC Method where you can ask questions or just listen to the lesson and the conversation.
The program has a lot to offer and will definitely help you stop feeling stuck with food and weight. If you`re ready to feel free of the grip food has on you, this is the place for you. And at $44.00 a month – it`s the most affordable way to get all the tools and support you need.
On this recorded workshop Q&A call, Michelle talks about the new CEDRIC Centre Online Program, answers questions (which were varied and very interesting!) about the program and much, much more.
- Join me today at 5pm PDT/8pm EDT for the Holiday Eating with Ease telelclass: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Join me today as I walk you through dealing with holiday eating issues: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Are you or a loved one stressed with holiday eating issues? Learn simple tips to break free today: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- There's still time to join me for the Holiday Eating with Ease teleclass today: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Do you cringe when you think about the holidays? Learn to effectively deal with emotional food triggers. Join me Wed: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Spend 90 minutes with me and break through your need to use food to cope during the holidays. Wed teleclass: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Holidays can increase stress on many levels. Don't give in to using food to cope. Join me Wed 5pm Pacific: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
- Join me Wed, Dec. 9 for Holiday Eating with Ease Teleclass: http://bit.ly/87n2q4 #
Powered by Twitter Tools
The theme of “making mistakes” (from the last 2 weeks) seems to have hit home with many readers, and with good reason. One of the main reasons we use food to cope is because we are so anxious all the time about saying the right thing; doing the right thing; being perceived as good and kind and generous and smart and sexy and “together.”
The pressure to perform and to conform to others’ expectations of who or what we should be creates a chronic state of anxiety that I call “the permeating level of anxiety” (PLA) and it is this chronic sense of disease or distress within that triggers us to restrict, or binge or purge.
The Diet Mentality of our society says that the way to be externally acceptable is to have breast augmentation, liposuction, no noticeable body fat, and a million dollars. It is not only unrealistic and unnatural, but it is also unhealthful. Ah, but the Drill Sgt. in you doesn’t really care, because the most important thing to him is meeting your needs for security and acceptance. And he believes that those needs must be met outside of yourself and can only be met when you have total acceptance and approval from everyone. He’ll worry about your quality of life and your health and wellness later. Right! Any of you who have been playing the Diet Mentality game for long will know that “later” never comes. From the Drill Sgt.’s perspective, there is always something more that you need to change/do/be in order to secure your place in the world. The only way the Drill Sgt. knows how to do this is to continue to pressure you to look a certain way so that you will finally get the approval and sense of security in the world that you so desperately seek.
- Typical eating disorder onset occurs in those ages 14 to 25, yet children as young as 10 can exhibit symptoms. #
- Finally find freedom from focusing on food and body image. Live Victoria workshop Jan 29-31. http://bit.ly/1A2awC #
- Join me at the CEDRIC Centre Jan 29-31 for live Victoria workshop. http://bit.ly/1A2awC #
- 70% of women are dieting and 40% are continually gaining and losing weight. #
- Don’t let diet mentality keep you in a vicious cycle of weight gain and loss. #
- I’ll be giving a live weekend workshop in Victoria Jan 29-31. http://bit.ly/1A2awC #
- Eating disorders workshop Jan 29-31 in Victoria. http://bit.ly/1A2awC #
- “Natural eaters” do not carry guilt and shame. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Letting go of the dream of perfection doesn’t mean giving up hope of having everything you desire.
It is actually the doorway to finally stepping free of the old all-or-nothing thinking that has kept you stuck in unsatisfying jobs and relationships and has kept you chained to food and body image focus as the answer to your insecurities and dissatisfaction with life.
The story that there is a “perfect” and that you have to be it or else is what keeps you from living happily, passionately, and purposefully in this moment.
Is the Christmas season particularly stressful for you?
Do you cringe at having to eat in more social situations than usual?
Will you give in to what others expect, leaving you emotionally exhausted and extra prone to using food to cope?
You’re not alone. For some of us, getting through the holidays is an emotionally turbulent time at best. But it doesn’t have to be that way. I promise! That’s why I’ve put together a very special teleclass where I will walk you through everything you need to know to make the holidays easier, brighter, and happier for you!
It truly is easier than you think.